Thank you so much for your interest in retailing the line of Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint!
We hope this page answers all of your questions, but if it doesn’t, just send us an e-mail at [email protected].
Why would I want to carry Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint in my shop?
- This paint has been used for thousands of years, so it is time-tested.
- The versatility of this paint is incredible. It’s great for furniture, walls, floors, interior, exterior and for achieving a variety of specialty finishes. (Some of these applications require topcoats sold with the line to properly seal the product.)
- This isn’t your run-of-the-mill milk paint line. The beautiful line of 25 colors was designed by popular blogger, author and furniture artist, Marian Parsons aka Miss Mustard Seed. She develops, uses, loves and promotes all of the products.
- It’s made of 5 simple ingredients
- The message of the Miss Mustard Seed brand is to “move mountains in your home”. It’s an empowering message that we carry into the paint line and we’d love to bring that message to your customers.
Please review some frequently asked questions about becoming a retailer to help you decide if this product line is a right fit for you…
1. What is the initial investment?
Plan on spending approximately $1,725 USD (depending on exchange rate) initially to receive a full start-up stock. This includes everything you need to get your shelves stocked with Milk Paint, companion products and marketing materials.
2. Where is retailers training?
One day Retailer Training can be taken at any one of our two Certified Retailer Trainer locations in North America (Peoria, IL, USA or Lunenburg, NS, Canada) and costs $450 plus travel expenses. Our training is available through live video call or in person. Training needs to be taken within three months of signing your retailer agreement. You may order and start selling product prior to attending the training.
3. Is my retail space right for this product?
We currently distribute to the US, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand and are accepting retailers in all over the world! Our main goal is to partner with “brick and mortar” shops where the retailer and staff are trained and available to offer customer support. It is also ideal if space is available onsite or close by where workshops can be hosted. We ask that you consider your set up before applying. We are not accepting any exclusive online retailers for application at this time.
4. Can I try it first?
Absolutely! Before becoming a certified retailer, we want to make sure you love it as much as we do! If you haven’t tried MMSMP, you can order our starter kit here.
5. Can I be a retailer for MMSMP if I sell another line of paint in my space?
6. What would prevent me from being approved to carry Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint in my shop?
– If you would infringe on the business of another retailer
– If you are unable or unwilling to attend the required retailer training
– If you do not have a physical location from which to sell the products
Yes, I want to be a Retailer! What is the next step?
** Please note that it can take up to 14 business days to process **
Need to try the paint?
We want you to love the paint as much as we do! If you need to try the paint before moving forward in the retailer application process, a great place to start is the starter kit.
Ready to get started?
If all your questions have been answered, we just need you to complete our retailer application. Don’t worry, if you have more questions after filling out the application, we schedule a call with all of our potential retailers, so we can answer any addition questions you might have.