Thank you so much for your interest in retailing the line of Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint in your shop!
Why would I want to carry Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint in my shop?
- It is made of only five simple ingredients, is non-toxic and has zero VOCs.
- This paint has been used for thousands of years, so it is time tested.
- The versatility of this paint is incredible. It’s great for furniture, walls, floors, interior, exterior and for achieving a variety of specialty finishes. (Some of these applications require topcoats sold with the line to properly seal the product.)
- This isn’t your run-of-the-mill milk paint line. The beautiful line of 25 colors was designed by popular blogger, author and furniture artist, Marian Parsons aka Miss Mustard Seed. She develops, uses, loves and promotes all of the products.
Please review some frequently asked questions about becoming a retailer to help you decide if this product line is a right fit for you…
1. What is the initial investment?
Plan on spending approximately $1,600 USD (depending on exchange rate) initially to receive a full start up stock. This includes everything you need to get your shelves stocked with Milk Paint, companion products and marketing materials.
2. What is required of a retailer?
Because Milk Paint is different than other modern liquid paints on the market, we require retailers to register for a retailers training with their initial order. We expect each retailer to be able to confidently use and answer questions about the line in order to properly support their customers. These retailer workshops are fun, informative and set you up for success!
3. Where is retailers training?
Two day Retailer Training can be taken at any one of our five Certified Retailer Trainer locations in North America (Atlanta, GA, Lower Coverdale, NB, Canada; Fairfield, CA; Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada) and costs $450 plus travel expenses. Training needs to be taken within three months of signing your retailer agreement. You may order and start selling product prior to attending the training.
3. Is my retail space right for this product?
We currently distribute to the US, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, Dubai and Malaysia and are accepting retailers in all over the world! Our main goal is to partner with “brick and mortar” shops where the retailer and staff are trained and available to offer customer support. It is also ideal if space is available onsite or close by where workshops can be hosted. We ask that you consider your set up before applying. We are not accepting any exclusive online retailers for application at this time.
4. Can I try it first?
Absolutely and we encourage it! Milk Paint is our favorite paint, but it might not be yours. The only way to know is if you try it, so we have made a potential retailer kit available for you to purchase. We want you to love it before you sell it, so please try it out! Try out the MMS Starter Kit!
5. Can I be a retailer for MMSMP if I sell another line of paint in my space? Absolutely! We have retailers who are paint stores, so they carry a wide variety of products for their customers. We believe that MMSMP is a great complement to other paints on the market and do not put restrictions on the other lines our retailers carry.
6. What would prevent me from being approved to carry Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint in my shop?
- If you would infringe on the business of another retailer
- If you are unable or unwilling to attend the required retailer training
- If you do not have a physical location from which to sell the products
Yes, I want to be a Retailer! What is the next step?
** Please note that it can take up to 14 business days to process **